Thursday, March 30, 2006

One of these things is not like the other.

According to theknitter.com, the following is Trekking XXL 100:

This is what arrived in the mail a week or so ago:
Trekking XXL 100
Hmmm... one of these things is not like the other.

It's funny... I'm *positive* I've seen Trekking 100 like the swatch photo, but when I searched recently, they all looked like the skein I received. I'm not complaining about the skein I received... I quite like it... it's just not exactly what I was expecting.

Okie doke... it's now *well* past time for bed. Good night!

5 comments:

none said...

Interesting! I have had that happen with other yarns. I agree...different, and yet still pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

the picture from the web site looks like it was taken very close-up, and maybe with a bright flash, changing the color from how it looks in reality. That's my guess -- the web site photo IS of the trekking 100, but it's a misleading photograph.

noricum said...

The ball is *very* green dominated in real life... they would have had to do something *very* strange to the photo. Their other ones are pretty accurate, from what I've seen.

Dandy said...

I bought 100 a couple weeks ago, from the same site... I thought it would be brighter too, and then just when I got to the ankle of my sock.. there was a knot... and the whole colorway of the yarn changed... I just kept on knitting instead of ripping it out... I read that it's really hard to have identical trekking socks anyway so it didn't matter to me.

I also bought 110 and it's darker in "real life" than they have on the site too.. oh well live and learn, or just accept it..lol

Anonymous said...

worked up, it looks more like the closeup... the ball always looks green to me too, but everyone's socks look rainbowy worked up. :)

I guess we'll see!