Friday, March 31, 2006

Miscellany

I've booked my flight for Tempe, AZ... Pam, can you send me your e-mail address so we can figure out if/when we can get together? I'm not sure I have it... your comments come up as "noreply-comment@blogger.com". (If you don't know mine, you can click "e-mail comment" or "noricum" at the bottom of this post.

I got direct flights both ways! How cool. :) (Although one transfer option had me going through Houston, but it wasn't enough of a stopover to even say hi to P.) It's a loooong flight, though... and somehow takes (by my calculations) 3 hours and 47 minutes on the way there, but 5 hours and 10 minutes on the way back. Over an hour difference? That doesn't make sense! Is Phoenix on a weird time zone or something? I think I'll need to allow for an extra pair of socks just for the flights!

To make up for yesterday's blogging faux pas, here's a photo of Bron's socks "in the wild" at the (noisy highway) bus stop this morning:
Socks in the Wild
The problem with using three balls of yarn is they get tangled.

And, since I had the camera out anyway, here's what happens to Chapel Hill streets when the summer heat is combined with heavy buses:
Road
It's a veritable tidal wave of asphalt, moving at glacial speeds.

I had a mini SNB for lunch today, and Bron's first sock is now past the heel. (B: your feet are next on my list... you should order your sock yarn soon. I'll send you an e-mail.) I didn't have my camera with me at SNB, so no "in the wild" shots from there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's more like it! :::grin::: Thanks. :)

noricum said...

Welcome! ;)