Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Fixed!!!

Woo-hoo! I've invented a fix, and it looks pretty good to me! Here it is from the front:
Fix (front)
and here it is from the back:
Fix (back)
(Sorry about the not-so-good photos... this was the best I could do.)

Here's how I filled in a square below a (to be) filled in square:
1. yarn over three times (four loops on hook)
2. with the hook and working yarn *behind* the chain row you would normally work around, work around the next lower chain row, yarn over and draw through (five loops on hook)
3. yarn over, draw through two loops (four loops on hook)
4. yarn over, draw through two loops (three loops on hook)
5. Loosen last loop so that it doesn't get pulled out, then remove from hook.
6. Bring hook around to front of the chain row, add loop back onto hook and tighten. (Loop now in front of chain row, working yarn in back)
7. yarn over, draw through two loops (two loops on hook)
8. yarn over, draw through two loops (one loops on hook)

Then I repeated this process for the second space-filling double crochets.

Hmmm... it's Wednesday... I'm going to add this to my WOW Wednesdays. ;)

WOW

4 comments:

sara said...

Hey, looks great to me!

BTW, I am using homespun on one of the afghans. I'll have to start keeping a record of the project I'm working on and the pain factor.

MrsFife said...

Hey, you stole my stitch! I do this all the time on my filet projects, you know, invent new stitches and techniques. :)

noricum said...

Sara: You'll probably feel pain in many situations until you have a chance to heal, but I'm guessing the homespun is the worst aggravator causing the pain.

Misfit: "Great minds think alike?" You should publish your tricks on your blog too!

Shaylen said...

Wow..you have gotten alot farther and it looks really good.Love the way you fixed it.