Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Still Sick

Ugh. Yup, I'm sick or something. My throat still hurts (although not quite as much as last night... maybe something I'm doing is working, or maybe it's getting better), I'm congested in a funky back-of-the-nose way, my left ear feels funny, and my neck is a bit sore.

However, I have the bestest, most wonderfullest boyfriend possible!

Right now we're staying in his Montreal "apartment," where the "kitchen" consists of a dorm fridge, a sink, and two burners. Since it isn't exactly a cooking dream kitchen, previously the implements on hand consisted of a bottle opener and plastic cups. I added a 25 cent knife (to cut cheese), and then a dollar store mug yesterday for hot lemon and honey. I have my bowl and spoon with me, of course. (I travel with what I need for breakfast.) But basically, this is a place we eat out. Last night I didn't feel up to eating out.

S was calling to find out if J wanted to do something. I told J that he and S could go out, but I wanted to stay home... and that I didn't feel like trying to eat either. (I used skype, so I didn't have to talk, just type. S thought we were geeks. Heck, it works.) We discussed the take-out options that consisted of slippery food, and J, thinking of me, figured out why I would be allergic to each of them. Instead, he walked to the grocery store to buy some pasta (small, so easier to swallow), butter, salt and pepper, then biked to a friend's house to borrow a pot. He then cooked me some great slippery pasta that I could eat! He's *so* sweet and wonderful. I love him. :)

He's now off rescuing his car. Since he didn't go out last night, we forgot that the car needed to be moved for street cleaning. We heard the cleaner go by, and he rushed out. I hope he made it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad J looks after you so well> I hope you feel all better soon.

H

sheep#100 said...

Aw - so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Aw, how nice! Too bad you are feeling so ill. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!