Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Flin Flon: Town

Hmmm... I think I'm getting pretty close to being done with these Flin Flon posts. :) Here's some pictures I took when I showed J around Flin Flon.

Mini In Flin Flon

We walked all the way around Ross Lake, along the boardwalk and road.
Trail
Here's a view from the overlook above Ross Lake:
Flin Flon Overlook

J had never been to Saskatchewan, so we officially crossed the border:
J in Saskatchewan
(Flin Flon is right on the Manitoba-Saskatchewan border. The Saskatchewan side doesn't really look any different, though.)

I also showed J Bob's yield sign:
Bob's Yield Sign
The reason it's Bob's yield sign is that there didn't used to be one there before, and the intersection is a bit confusing to non-locals... so Bob wrote the town, and they put it there. It's looking rather overgrown... not too much longer, and you won't be able to see it anymore.

So yeah, our trip to town wasn't all that exciting. The main reason we went in was to help move the propane tank that needed refilling. Mom and Bob also did laundry and grocery shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really called Flin Flon? I mean, I am sure it is, but it's like Flip Flop or Flim Flam - kind of fun to say, is it really a word, you see my point?

noricum said...

It really is called Flin Flon. I'll post the story behind the name. ;)