Thursday, August 17, 2006

Knock, Knock!

Who's there?
Ivan.
Ivan who?
Ivan clean sheets.

We did laundry last week before CCCG, but there wasn't room for the sheets & towels. Today I decided I wanted clean sheets. (I don't think they had been slept in a huge amount, but crud blows in the window... it has no screen, and is at street level. Literally. J's Montreal basement studio sublet isn't nearly as nice as his New York apartment.) The grime around here also exceeded my tolerance for dirt, so I took a stab at remedying that too. I gathered all the "lights", and the clothes we had dirtied over CCCG were enough to combine with the sheets for a load. I didn't wash the towels... they're bright orange, and I don't feel like adding to my formerly-white-but-now-not selection of underwear, etc. (Not enough yet for a dark load.) My mason-dixon dishcloth/washrag was light enough, so I added that to the pile... after wiping the kitchenette and bathroom sinks and counters and the bathroom mirror. Laundry is now merrily becoming clean and sterile. :)

Then I exercised J's swiffer, and cleaned up some of the accumulated hair on the floor. Well, on the easily accessible floor, at least. (Tiny studio, with furnature and two people's stuff, doesn't leave much floor space accessible.)

Much better!

It'll be time to flip the load in about five minutes. I'll take the trash out then too.

What's J doing? Well, he fixed D's bike this morning (while I slept... and slept... and slept), and now he's off at the border applying for one of those passes that let you through easier. I hope he likes what I've "done with the place." ;) Or, perhaps the grime I didn't touch will be enough that he won't notice until he reads my blog. ;) (J: I'll understand if this is the case!) There's a lot of grime I didn't deal with... partially for lack of cleaning implements, and partially for lack of motivation. No matter what I do, this place will never be perfect... not without some minor rennovations, at least.

Okay... time to flip the laundry.

No comments: