Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Today

Today I brought my nostepinne in to the university so I could wind the last ball of Koigu at lunch:

...so that I could finish J's socks:

I didn't use much of that last ball of turquoise, and I have some variegated left as well. I also started M's birthday socks:


Tonight I did some more "moving in," although I can't really count progress in boxes. I took two boxes worth of stuff and repacked them in two smaller, organized boxes for storage. (2 unpacked - 2 packed = 0 progress?) I also reorganized the basement bathroom linen closet so that I could fit my spare towels in, and actually be able to find stuff. I forgot to take a before photo, but here's the after:

I only actually messed with the bottom three shelves. They originally all looked rather similar to that top shelf, which I left the way it was.

I also tidied some of the packing material in my bedroom, so that it doesn't look quite so messy.

Hopefully I'll have this place fairly presentable soon. I'll be a lot happier when I empty out the Rubbermaid buckets (which contain clothing that needs to be stored or given away) and put my yarn in there. That will really help with the tidiness of my room. (Currently some yarn is in an under-bed box, which is now full, some is on my dresser, and more has yet to be unpacked. It *should* all fit in two 68L Rubbermaid totes. I hope...)

I think I'll bring in my videos and DVD's and put them on top of my new bookshelf. They should fit, and I'll feel good about having another box unpacked. (Is it cheating to do an easy box? ;) )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great! You are fast!

Anonymous said...

I really like your socks. Both shape and colors! Do you know where I could find crochet pattern for socks? Books or free patterns on the internet? It would be fun to try!