Friday, June 30, 2006

Allergies Suck

Tonight I went to visit an old lady I've known all my life. She had invited me to come over and catch up after seeing that I was back in town.

She used to have a dog. She now has two cats: Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Mother and daughter. One is orange, and the other is calico. Both female, with gorgeous eyes (especially the calico). Both very sweet and friendly.

I'm allergic to cats.

I lasted surprisingly long... I think about an hour and a half. However, my chin/neck was itchy, and I was sneezing by the time I got home. I took off what I was wearing, washed myself with a washcloth (I'd already had one shower tonight after watering the garden... boy, is it ever humid out tonight!), put on my pajamas, and took an allegra.

I've been home an hour now, and I'm feeling pretty much better.

It would have been nicer if *we* could have decided how long the visit went, not my allergies.

Next time I'm inviting her over to mom and Bob's house.

In other news, I'm now onto the second sock for M.

2 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I hear you!

Knitted_Painting said...

yeah I know what that feels like...I'm surprised I can actually live in this house considering theres 7 cats here! I can only storke them for like 5 mintues tho before it starts to bother me =(