Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blogging Out And About

Right now I'm sitting in a Second Cup in Montreal near McGill. I could have internet access if I felt like paying $6 for an hour, or $13 for a day. However, I don't. Especially not after paying $4.54 for a small fruit smoothie. Instead, I'll write an e-mail blog post which will get sent whenever I connect next.

It was sunny while I was walking. However, one of those quick summer thundershowers seems to be passing overhead right now. Those without umbrellas are looking rather hurried and wet.

The flight here was uneventful. I think a majority of the passengers were members of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (football team). I knew I had a middle seat, so I was sort of dreading being squished between two big football players. It turns out my fears were groundless... I was squished between two large ladies instead.

I took the airport shuttle to Berri-UQAM, and from there took a leisurely stroll (with luggage) to this coffee shop which is the designated meeting point. I took a bit of a detour, due to being more interested what the street vendors were selling, than in what the street signs were saying. Not a problem... I like walking tours. ;)

It's 2:58, and I expect to meet J around 7 pm (plus or minus an hour). I hope they really don't mind customers sitting around forever. (J said they don't.)

The rain seems to be letting up now.

Ah-ha... there's a plug within reach. When my battery gets lower, I'll take advantage of it. I don't feel like getting up just yet. I'm enjoying sitting in a strange chair, listening to strange music, typing strange things. I have a headache, but all other signs of yesterday's illness, or whatever it was, seem to be gone. Well, my back is still stiff, but that still could be due to the run the other day.

I think a billboard just drove by. (I only caught a glimpse as it went past.) Those driving billboards are a massive waste of fuel. Do the trucks at least make other deliveries on their rounds? I don't think they do. I'm inclined to boycott any product advertised on a driving billboard, simply on principle.

Now they're playing a song I actually recognize... although I don't know what it's called.

There sure are a lot of smokers in Montreal. I'm glad they've banned smoking indoors now. It means the outside spots are all smoked out, but they were like that to a certain extent before. Now at least I can have clean air indoors.

Well, I think I'll spend some time reading my brother's paper. I'm getting close to done, and am at the point where he's describing his innovation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you're OK! I guess we just tired you out from that extra long run. You needed a day's rest to recover, and once you got it, you're good to go.

Enjoy your trip.

H