Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fun Moving Games

I've invented a fun moving game: "If I were X, where would I be?"

Here's some sample values for X that I've come up with:
- passport (I know I had it when I crossed the border.)
- spare laptop power supply (I'm sure I've seen it in this room.)
- scissors (this one is multiple choice, but pops up every time a box needs opening.)
- clean underwear (I can't be through all of them yet.)
- white dress shoes (I last saw them... when? I think I left them in Winnipeg a year ago. I wonder if mom thought they were hers?)
- lightbulb for bedside lamp (Stealing one from the guest room lamp is only a temporary solution.)

Anyway, the list is only limited by the number of your posessions, and as things get shifted around, you get to refind things you've already found once (or more often).

Of course, the difficulty at this first game is enhanced by your skill at my second game: "How many objects can I pile on the flat surfaces of my room." Many objects get put somewhere temporarily. Usually these are things that need to be repacked for storage (that were unpacked while unpacking necessary items), or items for which "away" has not yet been defined (or created... dad and I still need to make a bookshelf). I'm quite skilled at this second game, which is making the first very challenging. Luckily I have a fairly decent memory, so I've found most items I've looked for. (I'm still working on the white dress shoes. I've found the black pair that aren't as nice, so they'll do in a pinch.)

1 comment:

noricum said...

Ewww! That sucks!