Saturday, July 31, 2010

Three R's: Reuse

I'm a little short on flower pots right now, and can't seem to find ones I like. However, since this pepper is only for a season or so... an ugly pot is fine.
IMG_3453
Did you know that sorbet containers make great pots? The lids are nice and deep, so they hold the drainage water fine. I cut four holes at the curve where the sides meet the bottom... much easier than trying to pierce holes in the flat bottom, and probably more effective too.

"Super Chili" is still super small... I'm guessing size was limited by the toilet-paper tube starter-pot it was in. Both Super Chili and Little Blue have moved to my mom's porch for the time being... my self-pollinating wasn't working, so I decided to see if the bugs could get some peppers going. Fingers crossed!

No comments: