Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last Night's Dinner

Last night's dinner started with a yummy salad:
IMG_3451
Ignore the fact that it's out of focus... isn't it pretty? That's red romaine lettuce from the farmer's market, green leaf lettuce from the grocery store (bought previously), blue cheese crumbles, extra virgin olive oil, and aged balsamic vinaigrette. It was so good, I had another salad just like it tonight. (And, given that dinner was rather light tonight, I'm considering having another one!)

Last night's salad was followed by wild caught pacific halibut (with the sustainability logo):
IMG_3452
Yeah, I reused my dish. Dishes are piling up, and I haven't worked up motivation to wash them. (I really should have done them today... perhaps I'll at least start them tonight.) I like thinner fillets with this recipe, but the halibut was pretty good (if expensive). I bought cod at the same time, and it was cheaper (while still having the logo). I'll be trying it next.

2 comments:

Rama said...

I really hate dish washing too but I must do it every day hehehe..
the food looks delicious :)

noricum said...

Thanks! It was. :)

Living alone lets me get away with letting them pile up. I really shouldn't... but I do. *sigh*