Friday, December 29, 2006

Researching Squid

My brother would like a squid hat, but not really like the ones I've found online. Like this cutey. So, since it's also more fun to make up patterns as I go along, right now I'm doing some squid research. What, exactly, *does* a squid look like?

Oooooo! they're cute!!!!

This is good... I can make smaller tentacles in the front, and larger in the back... and even have that be somewhat anatomically correct!

This is a pretty watercolour... it illustrates how I could add some interesting shaping.

Alien babies!!!

(Yes, I'm sitting here next to J, saying things like "Ooooo! Look at the cute squid!!!!" J just said "you have to remember I had a fish tank with translucent shrimp.")

How geometric.

Ooooo... pretty eyes!

Hey... they come in plaid!

This one has some lovely fin structure and markings.

Hee hee... origami squid!

2 comments:

sara said...

1. You totally have to make it a ski mask covering the entire face. that way you can call your bro "squid head". I think this is brilliant. Design it so the eyes are where squid eyes would be.

2. go back and look at alien babies. Is that Jesus, Mary or the guy from the Black Crowes?

noricum said...

2: Hmmm... it's a bit hard to say. ;)