Sunday, December 10, 2006

New Knitty

I love Knitty! Here's my thoughts on the latest issue.

I *need* to knit Sheldon! I'll probably have some Shine left over after I knit a sweater (on my big to-do pile), so I'll use that, even though the colours will be a bit funny. ;) Norberta is cute too, but doesn't pull me the way that Sheldon does. I may come back to Norberta at a later date.

I have no interest in knitting Piggle (nothing wrong with the design, just not something I would wear), but I *love* the expression on the little girl!!! Cute!!!

I love the colours in Blended Hues... I think I may need to copy the idea in a sweater for myself. :) (Some day... after I finish all the sweaters I currently have yarn for!)

Brown Bag is cute... and funny! Well, it's not funny itself, but it's really funny that I had thought of designing the exact same thing! Well, the one in my head had velcro rather than the adorable closure, and mine also had a handle... but essentially the same. ;) However, I decided to knit something bigger to fit tupperware containers, and ended up with a Sophie-inspired lunchbag. (Different handle, and with a flap.)

Lauren is a neat way to show off small amounts of handspun... I may do something similar (but not identical) once I have more handspun... and fewer sweaters waiting to be knit!

There are lots more patterns, but these were the ones I really felt like commenting on. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheldon, Norberta, Lauren, Eiffel, Monkey and Thunderbird were my favs. I only have two WIPs but the knitting queue is loooooooooooooong . . .

Anonymous said...

I love the Tiffany mittens, very pretty. Must be the depth of color along with the stitchwork. Very nice!