Saturday, December 23, 2006

Feral Kitty

There's a cute little feral kitty living under my neigbour's back deck. She was only born last summer, from what I gather. I'm wondering if she's in heat right now... normally she doesn't get too close to people, but tonight she let me pet her. I heard a noise out the front door, and when I peeked out, I saw an orange and white fat cat on the porch. When I opened the main door, I was able to see the mottled brown kitty I recognize, right by the front door. I opened the screen door a crack and stuck my hand out, and she let me pet her. In fact, she rubbed her head all over my hand and purred! She even tried to come in! I didn't let her though... I have a really bad allergy to cats (I washed my hand after petting her), and so can't let her in unless I have someone to give her to right away. I called my neighbours with feral cat experience (all of theirs started off as strays), but they didn't have any advice. I don't want to take her to the Humane Society, since they're usually over-full with cats, and will put them down to make space. I'd rather she get a chance to make it on her own, even though it's cold out.

However, if there's anyone in Winnipeg looking to adopt a cute and friendly stray, I know where you can trap one. ;)

2 comments:

sara said...

I sure wish I lived in Winnepeg right now. :-(

Anonymous said...

aw! what a friendly kitty. it's too bad you're allergic!

[at the shelter where I adopted my cat, they had a chart where they said how many animals they took in and how many they had to put down. it was sad.]