Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In My Inbox

Hello!

I am a student at the Maryland Institute College of Art currently doing a project involving crocheting. I'm interested in combining technology with the traditional craft. This project focuses on converting digital networks (world wide web, email) to a physical network (the crocheted product) by means of a human network (everyone who submits). A form is set up online for you to create your very own pattern through choices of yarn, hook size, number of stitches and stitch type. These individual patterns will then be complied and crocheted. Visit the link below to participate and find out more about the project. Please forward this email to anyone and everyone!

Please contribute your own section to the Pattern of the World's Web…

http://digital.mica.edu/IM200C/lhebert/Project2/index.html

Thank-you very much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was a little more detail on this, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what the project is. And you know me, always eager to help out students...

noricum said...

It does seem a bit vague. I also dislike how it resizes your browser window. :P

Anonymous said...

I FOUND YOU!!!!! For the life of me I could not remember who had the nose picker tool contest.....I got the COOL DISCO YARN...I really like it...but then again, I just turned 50 and got a tattoo...go figure! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SENDING IT...I promise I will never forget to thank you should you post other "Tools of the Trade Contests" and I win!!! I see a DISCO SCARF in my future!!!!

noricum said...

No problem... I lose track of people too, and I was kind of unhelpful by not putting a note in the package. ;) (Pure laziness!)

I'm glad you like the yarn! I find it nasty myself, so I'm glad it has a loving home. :)

Deneen said...

I received the same one in my gmail box-I just deleted it-did you answer it?

noricum said...

I went to the website and clicked in a "pattern" (if you can call it that). It seems legit.