Saturday, December 09, 2006

I'm still here!

Life has been busy lately! It's still busy, but here's a few highlights to keep you going.

Wednesday I went to SNB at Chapters (and brought a friend!), and saw this in a book:
Skeletons
I *had* to tell Lady Linoleum about it... but now I can't remember the exact title, and what I do remember isn't turning anything up in google or amazon searches. :P I'm pretty sure "Enchanted" is in the title, and the cover is green. Sorry Lady L!

I also forgot to bring Swatchy to SNB. :(

On Friday I *did* take Swatchy to The Bay downtown, to show him this giant gingerbread house:
Gingerbread House
(Swatchy will write his post on the other blog later... Lots to do today!)

Yesterday I started with my own gingerbread house(s) construction:
Gingerbread Assembly Line
Although after whipping up four batches of gingerbread and cooking dinner, I was kind of cooked-out. I got four walls baked, and my friend baked all the necessary pieces for her small house. (It should be cute, but she doesn't have a digital camera. *pout*)

Oh... and I thought my knitting readers would find this cute:
Sock Blockers
Sock blockers as Christmas decorations in my neighbour's back yard. This is *not* the same neighbour that has them stored in her garage... who knew they were so popular around here!

3 comments:

Deneen said...

Sorry, I'd have to swipe those decorations (LOL)

Anonymous said...

I thought that etching was familiar... take a peek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catrina

noricum said...

Neat! Thanks anonymous. :)