Monday, December 11, 2006

And So It Begins

Shampoo
Shampoo

While I still have some of my "safe" shampoo and conditioner left (to "reset" my scalp between trials), it's time to find products that I can buy locally. While grocery shopping yesterday, I took photos of the ingredients lists (yay for listing ingredients!) of potential candidates to compare at home, until I found the Neutrogena. Hmm... pricey, but looks potentially very good, and claims to be mild and non-irritating. I decided to take a risk and give it a chance.

There was a small bottle for $7, or a bottle nearly three times the size for only $3 more. Was it being more frugal to get the smaller bottle (and thus be out less money if it doesn't work), or the larger (and thus be cheaper if it does work)? I finally decided to go for the small bottle: less waste if it doesn't work.

I used it this morning, and so far everything seems fine. I'll give it a while to know for sure.

Once I've determined a shampoo I can use, I'll look for a conditioner. I don't switch both at the same time, so I know *which* is causing the problems.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some of that stuff! The ingredients list looks nice but my GOD it smells! I hardly ever use it for that reason. Mostly when I do use it I use it as part of a clarifying session and rinse with vinegar to neutralize the odor.

Clearly my fragrance-free shampoo has spoiled me.

noricum said...

Yeah, I opened it and took a whiff in the store. It smells bad, but not as strongly as the other options I checked out.

Deneen said...

Neutrogena always was fine with me, in fact I used the soap/face wash/shampoo for years. Lately, I've been grabbig whatever is in the shower and have paid dearly a few times.