Saturday, September 30, 2006

Resume

In an attempt to avoid making a decision between my boyfriend and my PhD, I thought I'd apply for a job round these parts. ('Cause a minimum wage part-time job proves my ties to Canada oh so much better than my family living here.)

So, applying for a job at the LYS and bookstore requires a resume. (Don't ask me why. It's not like there'll be anything on it that'll interest them.)

Resume... resume... no old resume on my computer.

...Flip through back-up cds...

...2003... nope, nothing there.

...1999... aha! Hmmm... I guess it needs some updating.

La, la, la... hmmm... Education: three lines (left off high school and earlier); employment history: thirteen lines; awards: seventeen lines. (It seems to me there's something wrong with this...!) References: entire Chapel Hill SNB group (for the yarn store).

Besides the references, I'm guessing everything after my address is pretty useless. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah! it proves that you're smart, work hard, work with others and all kinds of other things that may not be specifically related to retail work in a yarn store or a bookstore!

I had to remind my youngest sister of the same thing (but reverse) when she was applying for a lab job at Cornell (where she is currently an undergrad). :)

That said, the fact that you have to get a job to prove your ties to Canada? totally goofy.

Kel said...

Good lick with the jobs.. I am pulling for the LYS, how fun would that be!