Monday, September 18, 2006

Border Update

I'm safely back in Canada now, and have a nice stamp in my passport proving it. I turned in my I-94 before bording the plane in MSP. My dad has a friend who works for US customs here in Winnipeg, so I had a short chat with him. Here's a brief run-down of the conversation:
1. The guy (at the MTL-NY border) is indeed an a-hole (Dad's friend didn't use the abbreviation).
2. The guy jerked me around as much as he could... in order to refuse me entry, he would have had to *prove* that I was living in the US.
3. A bill that I pay regularly which is sent to my MB address is supposed to be sufficient... my credit card bill will work fine.
4. There's definitely something on my file, so I'll definitely be questioned the next time I cross.

I haven't made any long term plans yet. I think I will still apply for a part-time job... better safe than sorry. I have a ton to blog about from yesterday, but let me get settled. I need to unpack and do some laundry first. And let my head stop spinning, and figure out where I am. ;)

No comments: