Saturday, September 16, 2006

Contemplating Lace

Lace WIP
Lace WIP

I've come to the realization that I rather dislike knitting lace. Don't get me wrong... I don't *hate* it, but it takes an awful lot of concentration, which means it's really bad to do while doing other things... and I like multitasking while knitting and/or crocheting: that way I don't feel like I have to "make time" for it, I just do it while I'm doing something else that I would be anyway. Well, lace just doesn't work that way.

I wonder if I would like it any more if it didn't look like ass while it's being worked on? (In this photo I stretched it enough to give us an idea of what it will eventually look like. It's a lot more crumpled up while I'm actually working on it.)

1 comment:

Sallie said...

I have to agree with you. Knitting lace takes focused concentration. I have to be in the right mood to knit lace, and I can't do anything else at the same time.