Saturday, August 13, 2005

Morning with Grandma S

Grandma S
Grandma S

I finally gave Grandma S her toe socks. She loved them, and got a good chuckle too.

We finished up making perogies this morning too. We had prepared the filling and dough last night, but I was too tired to blog when I got home. This morning we shaped the perogies and boiled them. Yum! Here's some of them waiting to be boiled:

Perogies

And here they are boiled:

Perogies

We had boiled perogies for lunch, and I think I'll fry some up for dinner too. ;)

Right now I'm trying to find someone to go with me to use up the last three Folklorama tickets, because dad and O. are headed out of town for a little bit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for toe socks! :)

I love pierogies... and russian pelmini. mm!

Anonymous said...

Love perogies, good Ukrainian girl that I am. Seeing them makes me hungry, it's been a while since I've had homemade ones (as opposed to the awful store bought frozen ones).

cori said...

i loves me some pierogies, it's the polish in me. :) i'm jealous!

noricum said...

If anyone's interested, I plan on documenting my grandma's recipe here... when I get a chance! ;)

Dandy said...

Mmmmmmmm, that makes me h-u-n-g-r-y!