Monday, August 08, 2005

Folklorama

Adults Dancing
Adults Dancing

Tonight after work Dad, O. and I went to two Folklorama pavilions. We had dinner and listened to singing at the Alpine pavilion (I had Brockwurst, Tiroler Groestl--aka pan fried potatoes--a Bavarian pretzel, and chocolate Torte), then went to see the show at the Portuguese pavilion. The food was good, and the music and dancing were fantastic! It was a great evening.

...And now I need to hurry off to bed so I can be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed first thing tomorrow. Today I read most of what we had accomplished previously (to remind myself... and it's thankfully well enough written that I made it nearly the whole way through), and tomorrow I'll finish reading the last two pages, then start in on the proofs that still need proving. ;)

Oh... I also bought a crocheted snowflake at the Alpine pavilion. I asked the lady at the booth if she had made them (she had painted the glass balls), and she said a friend of hers going through chemo made them on her good days. I bought one, since all the proceeds would go to that lady.

Here's one more picture, this time of the children dancing:

Children Dancing

1 comment:

Daph said...

That looks like so much fun! And the food sounds divine.