Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pick-Me-Up

I'm in a bit of a pissy mood this morning (the reasons for which will not be blogged), so here's a little something for me to focus on to help cheer me up.

My order from Lisa Souza that arrived while I was away:
Lisa Souza Yarn and Roving
That's merino roving in "earth birth", wensleydale in the same, a mystery yarn for a swap (I need to check if the recipient wants it to be a secret or not), and some more sock yarn in "gendarme". Mmmmm! I can't wait to try spinning that merino. The shininess of the wensleydale is pretty, but it's *not* soft. It's amazing how dense it is too... much denser than the merino. Well, even if the wensleydale is not a success, part of the reason I ordered it was for comparison, and to learn about different fibers from various breeds of sheep. Learning that I don't like wensleydale is a good thing too. ;)

My order from The Loopy Ewe:
Yarn
Mmmmm! No complaints about any of these!

And here's a little sock progress:
Crochet Socks WIP
These won't count towards my Summer of Socks total since I started them before June 21, but I like them a lot anyway, and am not going to set them down just to increase my slim chances at winning the "most crocheted socks" competition.