Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Fun Idea

Recent events:
  • Jessica mentioned that she had trouble getting the floats stretchy enough on her Fair Isle socks so that they'd fit over her heels.
  • Nona designed some nice looking sideways socks.
Recipe: combine two thoughts in head and marinate. Results: do Fair Isle on sideways socks! Then the floats go vertical, and don't have problems fitting over heels!

So then I started thinking about what sort of designs would look good where any colour striping is vertical. I came up with an idea of doing a swirly pattern that looks like northern lights. :) I'm also thinking of adding some purl-relief-stitch trees under the colourwork. I found some yarn that I think will look good with this pattern.

I contacted Nona about collaborating on a pattern to submit somewhere (I would have liked to try Knitty), but she wasn't interested. Since I don't see the point in reinventing the wheel, and nowhere will want to publish half a pattern, stay tuned here for my charts for Fair Isle northern lights on Nona's Sidewinders. :)

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see them.