Monday, June 11, 2007

My Old Felted Slippers

Remember these?
Old Felted Slippers
Well... um... I'm rather hard on my slippers:
Old Felted Slippers
They were getting thin before, so I needle felted some patches on the thin spots. They didn't stick too well... and they wore down, etc. Today I put these in the wash, and this is how they came out. :(

Do I or don't I repair? I'm planning on making some Fiber Trends felted clogs, but I haven't even bought the yarn for those yet, let alone started knitting them. I think I may see if I can find a 100% wool sweater at the thrift shop that I can felt for new soles to sew over top the old ones. I suppose I could use the "cooked celery" yarn I have here to knit up some new soles, but I don't really have a lot of spare knitting time.

We'll see... but for now, I'm slipperless. :(

No comments: