Friday, February 23, 2007

Dog

E-mail from my dad's neighbour to my dad:
Hi E!! Nice to hear from you.Hope all is well in Austria. Yes, the weather has finally changed and is quite nice. Nicky has barked the odd time, but just today I seen your daughter, and told her that Nicky is enjoying his walks with her and sits in the back, looking at her house and is barking for her to come out. Other than that he hasn't been too bad. So enjoy your holiday because before you know it, you will be back. "Nicky sends lots love and kisses!!!!!"


E-mail from my dad to me:
Reply from G. Seems you have made a new friend with Nicky. If you hear him barking you might go over and tell him to go to his kennel. Thats what I do when he wants me to come out at odd hours.


Nicky, how do I love thee? Let me count the blisters... ;)

I walked Nicky again last night for about an hour. We walked with a neighbour and his dog Charlie for a bit, then up the long back lane along Hespeler, and then a gazillion times around the block. At one point Nicky got to meet two large dogs that another lady was walking. Things were good at first, but then went suddenly bad. The other lady was able to hold her dog while I managed to pull Nicky away. Her dog that was unhappy was much bigger. I'm not sure what it was, but it looked like a Rottweiler the size of a St Bernard. I thought Nicky was okay, but when we got back to the yard I noticed his ear was bleeding a bit. It didn't look serious, but I'll be sure to check it tonight.

No comments: