Friday, February 02, 2007

Berroco

Although the Berroco newsletter is frequently the recipient of a "huh?" and a chuckle from me, I rather like today's turtleneck sweater. Although, um, with a colour name like "prune mix", it sounds a bit *too* wholesome. However, with my mild alpaca allergy and the way this sweater hugs the neck, I think I'll be changing the yarn anyway. (If I do decide to knit it... I've got several sweaters worth of yarn I need to knit before then, and who knows what'll catch my eye and distract me!)

Note: "prune mix" is indeed a very pretty colour, but I think they might have done a bit better calling it "plum mix".

3 comments:

Knittah said...

Hee! Prune mix. That's funny.

Anonymous said...

It _IS_ a very pretty colour and a very beautiful sweater design. I bet a lot of people will be turned off by the name though. Somebody has a tin ear when it comes to naming things at Berroco.

H

noricum said...

Hmmm... yeah... maybe they're trying to say it has lots of good fiber? ;)