Saturday, February 03, 2007

Brrrr!

Why does it always seem to be cold when I need to drive my car?
Extreme wind chills minus 40 to minus 45 expected to moderate late this morning or early this afternoon in most areas. However, the extreme wind chills are expected to redevelop this evening over most of southern Manitoba.

Westerly winds of 15 km/h and temperatures in the minus thirties are producing extreme wind chills of minus 40 to minus 48 over parts of southern Manitoba this morning. These extreme values should moderate slightly this afternoon as winds diminish.

Wind chills are expected to be colder than minus 40 tonight and Sunday morning as winds reach 15 km/h under the Arctic airmass which has settled in over Manitoba.
I'm parked in my neighbour's garage, and so haven't been plugging in. I asked permission to plug in today!

I need to go to Superstore to pick up my prescription and renew my driver's licence, and then out to Polo Park to exchange some birthday turtlenecks. (I don't officially know about them yet... mom thought they looked small, and they expect to run out this weekend due to the incredibly low price on them. That is, assuming anyone braves the cold!)

The speedometer started working again on my way home the last time I drove my car... hopefully plugging the car in will keep it working! (It's rather disconcerting to be told you're driving 80-90 km/h in a 50 km/h zone, and everyone is either tailgaiting or passing you.)

Here's what I have to look forward to this week:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I told you before I'm glad I don't live in Winnipeg? ;)

noricum said...

Yep! ;)

Deneen said...

We don't have to do any of that "car plugging in" stuff here (thank goodness). I'm glad I don't live in Winnepeg either, although I am considering getting some Sorel long johns for myself, if I can find them here.

I found these wonderful Sorel socks several weeks ago at Marshalls, which sells "last years styles" at a discount. They were $5 a pair and I bought 4 pair and they so rock.

I would like to have some of those sock shapers everyone uses for decorations there though.