Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tuesday

These little piggies went to market:
Piggies

These little piggies stayed home:
Stitch Markers

Or, more accurately, none of the first set of piggies made it past SNB, and, since I had some requests, I whipped up some more afterwards. And they aren't at home any more... this morning they all left in little padded envelopes. For around $15, I bought 10 padded envelopes (50 cents each) and mailed 11 packages. The most expensive to mail was my mom's mother's day present, which was around $3. The most expensive of the stitch markers to ship was $1.70 to Germany. Very affordable. :) I hope they all arrive safely!

I also finished Bethany's socks last night:
Trekking XXL

SNB last night was great. The stitch markers were a hit! Everyone admired my afghan. :) M gave me a *really* nice going away present. She was going to give me a Boye needlemaster, and then realized I already had one. Instead she gave me $$ to buy myself "Poetry in Stitches"! That was *sooo* nice of her! I'm *really* going to miss my SNB friends! They're such a friendly group. Too bad they don't want to move to Winnipeg with me. *sigh* I hope I find as nice a group of friends in Winnipeg, and I'll have to make sure all my visits to Chapel Hill include a Tuesday evening at Foster's Market. Hopefully my dad won't mind if I go one last time in two weeks. (Next week I'm in Tempe, AZ.)

After SNB I ran the afghan through the wash so I could put it on my bed. Some ends did indeed pop out, but not nearly as many as I thought. I must be getting better at hiding ends. ;) (Superwash wool ends are hard to hide!) I'll deal with the popped ends later, but the afghan worked great:
Afghan
K is right... this crazy-ghan needs "happy" stuck somewhere in it's title. ;)

2 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

Poetry in Stitches looks like a book I need to get too!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I really like Bethany's socks. They're pretty! :)

I like the piggy stitch markers, too (both the alien and non-alien varieties!). ;) Too bad I haven't kept up with my crochet at all, so I have no real use for stitch markers. You could make me another light switch plate with the sculpey if you want something else to make. *shrug* :)