Monday, May 29, 2006

Scammer

I posted my moving sale to CraigsList.org. Voila, a person trying to scam me sent me an e-mail:
Hello seller of this item, i want to buy for use privately.However, i will not be completing this deal as i will be travelling soon,so i have employed the service of a buying agents to complete the deal.I will sign out a cashiers check to you as the original seller of the item.The check to be sent you will contain some excess which is meant for the payment of the agents commission and the shipping fee of the item.
So what you will for me is simple,you will provide me with your name,address and phone number to mail the cashiers check to you,after you receive it, you cash it ,remove you quota and send the rest to my agent to arrange the shipping.
Provide me the infos i asked  for to mail out the check to you ASAP.Any question can be directed at me.
Thanks
If anyone is interested in messing with him, his e-mail address is: freddyriddick3000@yahoo.com

3 comments:

fledchen said...

I've been trying to find a roommate, and about 90% of the responses I get are people trying to pull off a similar scam.

Anonymous said...

i recieved the same exact email, as well as other emails from this person... how do you report him?

noricum said...

I'm not sure how to report him. I think there's something online... I'd google now, but I've only got a moment of internet connection.