Friday, May 05, 2006

Reward

I managed to be significantly under budget last month (Thanks to my mom making the necklace a belated birthday present), so I rewarded myself with an Amazon purchase. ;) I bought the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules, Mason-Dixon Knitting, and a better pair of cheap headphones than I currently own. (I've been using my iPod a bunch, and my current pair isn't so comfortable. The ones I ordered seem to have good reviews, while not being terribly expensive.)

I also wanted to take advantage of my Amazon Prime one last time before the free trial expires, and I move back home. Both books are ones I really wanted to get, and Amazon (with it's lovely discounts) isn't as convenient in Canada: you need to buy more before shipping is free ($39), and they're range of products is somewhat more focussed. Plus there's the fact that the exchange rate has the Canadian dollar higher than it's been in a long time. (I seem to have bad timing with exchange rates.)

(I decided to leave ordering that sock yarn until I'm back in Canada... theKnitter.com ships to Canada for free too.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do you leave the area? Are you done with your degree then?

noricum said...

I'm not done my degree, I'm taking a leave of absence. I'm leaving at the end of the month. (Exact date depends on when I finish packing up and getting rid of my excess stuff.)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything then!