Sunday, May 28, 2006

Rambling

Hmmm... maybe this is why I do some of my best work at H's... we take frequent chocolate breaks. ;)

I don't want to dis the design or designer, but personally, I really don't want this accentuating my ass.

Dad came to SNB last Tuesday night. Turns out I didn't need to worry about him being bored. However, I should have worried about him finding out that I blog. Now he asks if I'm blogging whenever I go online, but he hasn't yet asked for the blog address.

S's daughter is learning to knit, has a blog, and loves comments. She asked me yesterday if I would comment on her blog. I was thinking it would be fun if some of my readers would be willing to comment on her blog too. Please go say hi to Zoe.

My living room is now pretty much empty, but my bedroom and office are both disaster zones. Today will be spent on packing, and moving some items over to K's. (She bought two bookshelves, and is also going to try to sell my dishwasher and dehumidifier, which didn't sell yesterday.)

The yard sale went well yesterday. We even managed to sell three out of two couches. ;) One couple who bought one of my couches draggede theirs out, and asked us if we could try to get $10 for it, since they didn't have room for it and the one they bought from me. I said sure. To make sure people wouldn't haggle below $10, we put a $20 sticker on it. It sold for $15. The couple let us keep the extra $5. :) Around 12:30 we freecycled most of what was left, which wasn't much. I brought in my coffee table... I'm going to see if it'll fit in the truck if we pack the legs full of boxes. If it doesn't, it'll go to K, who likes it.

I still need to clear off my desk so the neighbours can take it. I was too tired yesterday, after not getting any sleep Friday night.

Yesterday, after the yard sale, I had a shower and a nap, and then B, dad, and I went to Brixx for dinner. (I tried to call K to join us, but that didn't work out.) After dinner I read blogs for a bit, and then went to bed. Although I was tired, I had trouble falling asleep, so I took an Ambien.

This morning I'm getting up rather leasurely. I haven't had breakfast or a shower yet. Dad's off at church.

Yesterday I was so tired I didn't even knit or crochet when I was sitting doing nothing.

I'm not fully awake today either... you may have guessed that from my rambly blog entry. ;)

Interesting observation at the yard sale yesterday: it seems that the Chinese really haggled, even on already low prices. However, whites, blacks, and hispanics tended to pay full price, or not haggle all that hard. My friends were very generous, and my dad kept wanting to keep stuff we were supposed to be getting rid of.

Main observation from yesterday: I could not make a living as a used car salesman.

I have mosquito bites today. I'm not sure when I got them. The stealth mosquitoes around here are really annoying.

Well, I'm going to do a bit more blog reading, then have breakfast and get to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! If that chocolate article is correct, then we're genuises. And ahead of our time (or at least the research).

Mmmmm. Maybe I should go get smarter?

H

PS Do you think the research was maybe supported by a chocolate company?

Anonymous said...

glad the yard sale went well!

noricum said...

;)

I told mom, Bob, and my brother about it, but they weren't interested in reading it.