Crochet Socks WIP
Can you see it? See how one sock is shorter than the other? See how there's lots of light and dark blue yarn left? See how there's *no* yellow?
My options, as I see them:
1. Deviate from the pattern to finish these off. (Not going to happen: I like the pattern too much.)
2. Make the heels a bit slimmer. (This *may* give me enough to finish, but will mean re-knitting everything from the heel up. This is not a terribly attractive option.)
3. Buy a second ball of yellow, and add whatever is leftover to stash.
4. Buy a second ball of yellow, plus a coordinating colour, and make another pair of socks out of the yellow and other colour. (But plan better this time.)
5. Appeal to my readers, asking if they have a leftover bit of yellow Regia Cotton, and were willing to trade for something I can send them. (Depends on one of my readers having previously used the same yarn.)
I think I like option #4 the best, although it also happens to cost the most. (Unless one of you actually has a bit of yellow left over?) If I go for this option, what do you think I should choose as a coordinating colour? (From those at theknitter.com.) I don't want to do #29, since that will make a nearly identical pair of socks to some I already own.
You know, this is one of those times an accurate (yarn) scale would have been nice. (The analog food scale I have right now is really hard to get accurate readings on, the way it's designed. Especially when it's in Chapel Hill, and I'm in Tempe. ;) )