Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tempe Knitting

Tonight I finallly met Pam! She took me to a lovely new yarn store, Tempe Yarn & Fiber. I got to pet lots of yarn, meet the silkworms, and, of course, knit! I also met Melanie, another knitblogger.

Gah. I'm dead tired, and can't continue this post right now. So here's the short form.

Melanie, me, Pam, and shop owner (brain can't dredge up name, so sorry!):
In The Yarn Shop

Melanie and Pam (I'm behind the camera) at Cracker barrel for dinner:
At Dinner

I may have bought something at the yarn store:
Purchase
(Cascade 220 to match some fabric I think I forgot to blog, free magazine, and a lovely batt in Wild Blueberry by a local knitblogger.)

Will try to be more coherent & verbose tomorrow. Or the next day. Or, at least, by a week or two after I arrive back in Winnipeg.

g'night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Pretty batt! I can pretty much tell what it is, but I guess I should research the actual definition.

Is it something you now have to spin? How much yarn will you get out of it?

noricum said...

Yup, I have to spin it. It's 2.1 oz, so not a huge amount of yarn. I have no idea what I'll do with the yarn. Hopefully I'll figure something out. ;)

Pam said...

Her name is Terry. And, if I did things in my usual method, I probably forgot to mention her name.

I had a great time last night. You're my first real-life blog buddy meeting! And, as an extra bonus, I have leftover dumplin's for dinner tonight!

Safe trip back to NC and then to Winnapeg (I think you're in the air as I write this).

noricum said...

Thanks Pam! I think you did mention it, but I was distracted by yarn. And fiber. ;) I had a great time too, and I think you're also my first real-life blog buddy meeting! (And even better, you're a fellow shrone!)

Lori: I thought of you as I met Pam and ate at The Cracker Barrel. Pam did too. In fact, you came up several times in the conversation. I'm sorry you couldn't be there!

Mel said...

It was nice to meet you and view your WIPS. I anxiously await the completion of the tank-top.