Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stitch Markers

I can't remember why, but for some reason at Tuesday's SNB I came up with the idea to use up a bunch of my Sculpey to make stitch markers as presents for my SNB friends. Ah, yes... now I remember. It was the Yarn Harlot's glass wool-pig, and I said I thought I could make one out of Fimo. Last night was taken up by the crazy-ghan, so tonight I embarked on the mission of generating going-away presents while simultaneously reducing the amount I had to pack. B came over and made some too. Here's what we came up with:
Stitch Markers
Stitch Markers
Stitch Markers
(The chocolate chip cookies, watermelon slices, and large flowers are hers. The rest are mine. She's keeping the ones in the third photo, and I'm keeping the three at the top of the first photo.)

Observation #1: It doesn't take much Sculpey to make a stitch marker.
Observation #2: I have lots more Sculpey.

Sculpey stitch marker making will continue until I get bored. Then the rest will be given to a local kid.

12 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I like the stitch markers! the watermelon could also easily become pepperoni pizza with the right colors. And the fish could become a Nemo!

MrsFife said...

Those are seriously cute!

sara said...

They're darling

Deneen said...

They are way cute

Anonymous said...

those are so cool! I love the robots!

Sallie said...

What a clever idea! I like all of them.

Dandy said...

so cute, now I wanna make my own too!! the cookies look delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the robots! If you'd like to trade some robot stitchmarkers for some of my sheep, let me know. :)

noricum said...

Let me see what's left after SNB on Tuesday... I'll be happy to trade/gift whatever's left then. :) (I imagine I'll have some robots left... I already have more than one per person who shows up, and still have some metallic sculpey to make even more.)

Joy said...

Ahhhh! So cute! I love them!

LG said...

I LOVE all of them! They are all so cute!!!

Jewels said...

Adorable, all of them!!