Sunday, May 21, 2006

AC Update

Fun with the AC tonight.

First, sometime between 9 and 10 pm, the thermostat finally read 80F. I immediately called maintenance. This time he said he couldn't do anything because they aren't allowed to work on high voltage stuff after dark. Plus, it wasn't 80F outside, and we should open the windows.

I explain I can't open the windows because of my allergies.

"Oh," he says. "If I had known that, I would have come out yesterday. But we're not allowed to work on high voltage stuff after dark."

But I called yesterday when it was light out!!! Gah! Why couldn't I think of the pollen allergy thing yesterday!

He offers to bring out a fan.

Fat lot of good that'll do, given that the one we currently have isn't doing much.

He asks if I have any suggestions of what he can do. I ask if the guest cottage is available... since it's supposed to be made available to residents when there are problems with their residence. He says he'll check to see if it's available.

*wait*

He calls back: R doesn't know if it's booked right now. K is 35 minutes away, should he drive in to see if the key is in the office?

Yes. I'm sweating here.

*wait*

He calls back: the key isn't there, thus the unit is occupied. Should he come over and see if there's anything he can do from the inside?

YES!!! Please!!!

*short wait,* knock at the door. I let K in (still in my racer bra and shorts, dad just in shorts), "my, it's hot in here."

Gee, ya think?

K tries to reset the thermostat, but it doesn't work. He tries several times, just to make sure.

He goes out and takes off the panel to see what he can see out there.

As he's out there... COOL AIR!!!! I rush out to let K know he's fixed it!

K has no idea what he did, or what was wrong. He'll come back in the morning, just to make sure it's all okay then. Whatever... I'm just glad it's working now! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

So, anyway, I'm a much happier camper than I was a half hour ago! Mmmmm... cool, dry air!

4 comments:

sparkli said...

i'm telling you, we are having the same problem! it's hot, fan isn't helping... the worst part is trying to sleep in the heat! that's pretty nice they offer a guest cottage tho! that's awesome!

sara said...

Oh thank heaven! Our AC broke last JULY and hubby called a local service. They couldn't make it 'til the next day. So we melted. Hubby was like "we can take it! No hotel for us, no siree" That changed quick as soon as he tried to go to sleep!

Anyway, glad you are fixed up.

Nichole D. said...

Yaaay for AC! Enjoy your cool goodness.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had to deal with all that. I'm glad to hear it's fixed now!