Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Crazy-ghan

It's done:
Finished Afghan
I'll see if I can figure out a better way to photograph it tomorrow. (I'm thinking maybe I'll put it in the lower lobby at school, and photograph it from the balcony.)

It takes a surprisingly long time to sc three rows around this thing... I certainly wouldn't have managed to finish last night, unless I didn't get any sleep at all!

Bethany's socks are a bit longer, but progress suffered from my being attacked by a rain of choking pollen this morning. (No crochet while waiting for the bus... I was trying to breathe through my shirt. Luckily I keep some emergency dust masks at school, and so made it home fine.) Note to self: start wearing dust masks to school again.

The tank top is just into the third colour. I stopped the second before running out, because otherwise I'd end up with something tunic-like, rather than tank-like. ;) But this is good... it means I'll definitely have enough yarn. :) (Although I was paranoid about cutting the yarn... what if I have to rip and redesign again?)

Here's the (unassigned) leftover yarn from the afghan:
Leftover Yarn
There's a large amount of sage green because I was using it to design a cardigan, and the yarn is discontinued. I think only four of the balls are actually untouched. (One charcoal, two sage, and the blue tweed.)

7 comments:

sara said...

I love this afghan!

Anonymous said...

That crazy-ghan is Very Strong Mojo. And an incredible amount of work. SC all the way around?? That's a Knitting Olympics.

I'd love to see the hanging picture.

Deneen said...

The ghan is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I love seeing the afghan in all it's put-together glory. It's fantastic!

noricum said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

the afghan looks great! :D

Sallie said...

Afghan = Absolutely Stunning