Monday, December 05, 2005

Today

Gee, what a creative post title. ;)

I had a great lunch, but shortly after lunch, I started feeling rather crummy. The lack of sleep (due to being up to late for no reason last night, and then having to get up at a reasonable hour today to go to a doctor's appointment) caught up with me, I had something migraine-like, and a sinus headache and stuffed nose pretty much all at the same time. I couldn't keep my eyes open, my nose was stuffed, I felt rather wonky, and my vision seemed a tad wonky too.

I prescribed a nap.

After the nap, I was more awake, but the sinus headache was still there, and I didn't manage to be productive. I decided I should leave at my normal time (rather than try to make up for lost time) and try to get some rest tonight. (Ha! And will you look at my posting time!?!)

I forgot to change from sandals to shoes before leaving. On rainy days (like today) I wear shoes rather than sandals, and change into old sandals at work. Well, I forgot to change back before heading home. I remembered when I exited the building but at that point I had to choose whether to wear shoes or catch the bus. Given how I was feeling, I caught the bus.

Now I don't have any regular shoes at home. (My spare pair was at school in case I chose to go to the gym... ha! again.) I hope it isn't too wet out tomorrow... I hate wet socks. :P

Upon arriving home, I had a decongestant and some chocolate covered craisins, and read a book. After finishing off that book (only 6 more of H's books to read and return...), I felt up to making dinner, but I still had a headache. So I took two advil. (I really wish I took less medication.)

Dinner was good. Headache is pretty much gone. Why am I not in bed? Um, well... I sat down and crunched some numbers for my crocheted eyelet cardi that I'm making up as I go along, and did the first two rows. (Yay!) It's raglan (again), so it takes some number crunching before I can start. I managed to complicate it by using two (actually three) different stitches in the yoke, both of which have different stitch and row gauges. Ah well, it'll be an interesting challenge. With my somewhat foggy brain, it took a bit to get the math right. It's still not totally worked out, but I have enough to start the first section of the yoke, to see how that goes.

Of course, I kept drifting off to my computer to read the new issue of Knitty. Between Knitty and my cardigan (and my urge to blog), I'm up much later that I had planned.

So, before I go to bed, here's the Knitty patterns I got a kick out of:
Kate
Toasty Pocket Creatures
Festive
Bristow
Marley's Ghost (not that I'll likely ever make it, but still cute)
Real Stocking Cap
I might add Festive and Bristow to my list of things to make one day. Or I might not. I've already have a ton of things I want to make, and tend to get distracted by new things faster than I actually knit/crochet. ;)

No comments: