Monday, December 05, 2005

Silly Quiz

Found at The Mother of All Shrones, and reminded by The Mother of the Vegetable Liberation Army, this is the 2005 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I'm allergic to eggs.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Small presents go in stockings, larger ones are wrapped and under the tree.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I'm fond of the look of white, but usually end up with coloured.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope... it doesn't grow in Winnipeg, and the plastic stuff is ugly.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Early December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey. The one most made fun of (out of it's presence) is the still-frozen, freezer-burned, bought-on-sale shrimp ring. Especially the year when dad didn't have any cocktail sauce, so I "invented" some from the condiments in the fridge and cupboards. That may have been the year we started thawing the "appetizer" shrimp ring when my brother's stir fry was nearly done. Oh well... I give my father points for effort.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Decorating the Christmas tree with my mom. The lead tinsel was neat. We don't put that up any more.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I never believed the lie.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
When I was small we did. It stopped after the divorce... we were bigger, and there were fewer presents.

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
None. Sorry.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love, love, LOVE it!

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but not well. Ice skates hurt my feet.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Being with my family.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
See #13.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
The little sugar pie my mom would make with the leftover pastry. Mmmm!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Putting up the Christmas tree.

17. What tops your tree?
At my place, a large red bird. At my mom's, a plastic, lighted star. At my dad's, an angel from Ten Thousand Villages.

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
Giving, but receiving is fun too. :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Carol of the bells... I particularly like the claymation version starring the California Raisins. (I think that special was only on TV one year, but I liked it.) Quasimodo directed the choir of bells. :)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. I dislike pepermint. The fruit flavoured ones are good, though. :)

1 comment:

LadyLinoleum said...

Nice...love the shrimp ring story.

I got my socks. I got my socks! Love, love, LOVE them!!!!! Thank you so much!!! Will post about them soon.