Friday, December 02, 2005

Good Morning

Another beautiful sunshiny day!

I saw a poor little squooshed roadkill snake on the way to the bus stop. Poor little fellow!

I walked down to the highway stop this morning, since I slept somewhat later than I had intended, and I needed to stop in at the pharmacy. (Not enough meds left to last through the weekend.) So, since I was ready ~15 minutes before the next G bus was due, I decided to walk and hope that I was lucky. I was... although I had to do a bit of a sprint at the end when I saw the bus coming. Just a little sprint. However, between the sprint and the heat on the bus, I was rather over-warm by the time I got to school.

I had a sunshiny walk over to the pharmacy, which was also over-warm, so I stripped off several layers. One of the pharmacists saw me crocheting my sock-in-progress, and the conversation hat kicked in. (I really need to make one, so I can answer "yes, I did make it." However, I pointed out I had made my socks, project bag, and sweater.)

I put one layer back on before leaving the pharmacy (I had taken off my coat and sweater, and it's only 47F outside), and managed to be both hot and cold on the walk to the department... my core temperature was hot, but my skin was cold from the wind. I ended up with hives on my legs... my wonderful temperature/exercise allergy kicking in. I'm trying to not scratch... scratching makes the itching *waaaaaaay* worse.

Bob's second sock is at the heel... you know, this lack of talks and group meetings is really cutting into my sock crocheting time. ;) (However, I'll still get H's socks done before Christmas... the hour long bus rides to the U of M are great sock time.)

Picovoli is basically done. I need to weave in the ends tonight, but I've finished everything else. :) This means I'm currently down to 4 WIPs/UFOs! (Of course, I'll be starting a sweater any day now... *grin*) I took a photo of picovoli last night, so I'll upload and post it very soon.

No comments: