Monday, December 26, 2005

Cardigan Progress

Cardigan Progress
Cardigan Progress

Mom says it's lopsided. It started out a bit lopsided this morning, and has gotten more lopsided as the day's gone on. Tomorrow it will get even more lopsided, and then hopefully start to even out after a while. ;) My new (soft) goal is to wear it to the Christmas party Wednesday night.

Here's a close-up of the buttons:
Cardigan Buttons
...with two mini ornaments that need some finishing. The mini-cardigan ended up a bit lopsided... one side of the front is one stitch wider than the other. I'm trying to decide whether to bother redoing it again. (The first time I had two mistakes, and only managed to fix one on the redo, even though I meant to fix both.) I think it looks kind of cute sleeveless, and since I've used all of that scrap sock yarn that I have here, I think I'll leave it that way. I'll make a long-sleeved version back in Chapel Hill.

Schedule for the next few days:
• Tuesday: mix up gingerbread dough, visit dad's shack.
• Wednesday: design and bake gingerbread, bake cheese-olive bread for party, party with friends.
• Thursday: day with Helen (Ram Wools...), dinner with relatives.
• Friday: movie... probably Narnia. Assemble gingerbread house too? (I've had at least three people saying they want to see it when it's done. It'll be so hard to top last year.)

Nothing scheduled yet for Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. These Christmas trips home are always so jam-packed.

No comments: