Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Planning Rewards

Next term, if I'm good about not spending, my reward will be some Trekking XXL sock yarn.

But what colour? 100? 78? 107? 102?

I guess I'll have all term to decide. ;)

I must come up with a concrete definition of "good" too... hmmm... four levels of good, with each level resulting in an extra ball? It *is* less than my Noro purchase...

Hmmm... maybe one reward for each good month? I'll have to check my quicken, to see what's the minimum I can get by on. (With $715/month in rent, it'll be somewhere around $1000/month.)

Okay, here's the plan... every month that I keep my total expenses (besides tuition) below $1100, I get one ball of sock yarn. Is $1100/month still extravagent living? (Considering my rent...)

4 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

Oooh oooh oooh...I like 100 or 78. 100 the best of those two... :-)

Anonymous said...

My preference is for 78 or 102. With a slight preference for 78.

But then, I like purple a lot, and you're probably not knitting or crocheting for me. ;)

(though weren't you going to make me a tuque sometime?)

Anonymous said...

And btw...$1100/month hardly sounds extravagant to me, especially since most of the extra after your rent probably goes to your utilities.

noricum said...

Tuque is on the list. If it makes you feel better, I haven't made mine either yet. ;) (I figure you don't have a *huge* demand down there in Texas.)

Actually, food then utilities. I manage to come pretty low on utilities, given I don't have cable, long distance, etc. Just basic phone, electricity, and gas.

I don't like ramen. ;)