Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tired.

No work today... I had a dentist appointment smack in the middle of the day, so I didn't go in.

We started off today with grocery shopping. I still haven't decided what to do as this year's gingerbread house (no, I usually don't have it done in time for Christmas, go away), so have decided to fall back on a regular Hansel and Gretel style house. If I feel like it, I may post the (fairly recent) history of my gingerbread houses.

After grocery shopping I had a quick lunch, which included a muffin my grandma made. Oops. Turns out she decided to use almond extract instead of vanilla. The reaction wasn't that bad... my cheeks were a bit puffy, but that's it. Of course, after lunch was my dentist appointment, and I was worried he'd see swollen gums and think gum disease.

Good news at the dentist... no cavities (I'm not buying myself fillings for Christmas! Yay!), and no lecture about flossing. :)

After I got home, I went for a nap. I was tired at the dentist too. Perhaps another reaction to the almond extract. I slept for about two and a half hours.

Right now I'm feeling a little zombie-like. I probably could sleep more, but that would mess up my sleeping tonight. Maybe dinner will help. Mom, T, and B are working on a gigantic crossword puzzle in today's paper. I'm reading blogs. Except right now, when I'm writing in mine.

Rambling posts are a byproduct of my zombie-like state. I think I'll go back to my blog reading.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

ick - guessing this means you're allergic to almonds? hmmmm, maybe more chocolate hunting is just the thing you need to get you out of this tired slump :)

noricum said...

Yep. Allergic to almonds. :(

Mmmmm... chocolate. :)