Monday, December 05, 2005

Lunch

Lunchtime SNB was fun. I started teaching NB, the wife of the founder of the department, how to crochet snowflakes. :) She wants to do doilies, but didn't have a pattern with me, and I thought it would be good to teach her from a pattern rather than one of the doilies she brought in. I thought she should get comfortable with the materials and stitches before attempting to guess at patterns. For next session, I'll bring my few crochet magazines... those with thread patterns, at least. I know at least one does, because I bought the issue that has the swan doily in it.

I wasn't struggling with the thread nearly as much today... my tension must be loosening some.

I taught NB Donna's loop method for starting circular crochet, and a few other pointers. She already knows some crochet.

Anyway, lunch was fun. :)

No comments: