Sunday, December 18, 2005

Qiviut Scarf Progress

Qiviut Scarf Progress
Qiviut Scarf Progress

Wow... I managed 7 repeats today! It's actually starting to look like a scarf, and I'm getting better at working on it with distractions.

I'm not perfect, however... I left out a pattern row (and it's corresponding purl row), but it doesn't look too bad, so I'm leaving it the way it is. Especially since the messed up repeat is below the current repeat, and with the lifeline placement, I'd have to rip out three repeats. That would almost halve today's progress.

It's my first lace scarf... it's not supposed to be perfect, right? ;)

I didn't work on my cardigan at all today, so it's still in the same state it was yesterday.

I did work on H's socks some more. We went out to my uncle's church to see him sing in the choir. It was a Christmas carol service. The pre-service comedy (also called a dress rehersal) was also quite entertaining. ;)

The service went a bit long... I had less than an inch left on my candle by the time it was over.

The church pretended to be a normal Christian church, but I think the pastor (or whatever he's called) is secretly a believer in the flying spaghetti monster. He wore a large hoop earring, and looked very pirate-like.

The potluck afterwards was good. Good food, and visiting with friends and family. (There are some friends of the family that also attend that church and are in the choir.)

Dang... I just remembered I meant to phone my dad back. It's a bit late now. Since I don't have to be at school early, I'll call him in the morning.

Tomorrow I want to see if I can find some buttons downtown... and some wire for a mini hanger. I want to make a mini-weasley for a gift exchange with friends. (I don't know who'll be receiving it, so I'll add the initial on at the party.)

Well, time for bed. Good night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

scarf looks great!

pipe cleaners work for the hangers... ;)

noricum said...

Thanks!

Yep, I'll either be getting some pipe cleaners or some heavier beading wire. There's a craft store downtown that I'm going to check out.

Rebecca said...

perfect is something you buy at the gap! your scarf is GORGEOUS! i'd love to know where the pattern came from ;)
flying spaghetti monster? sounds scary LOL

noricum said...

Thanks! I started off with several rows of stockinette, and then did the feather lace from the Reader's Digest stitch bible. (I think it's "originally" from one of the Harmony guides.)