Saturday, December 31, 2005

Continuing On

So... baking bread. I managed to get a batch of gingerbread in, but was pretty much busy with the bread. It didn't help that Superstore only had kalamata olives *with* the pits. The bread (conveniently) came out of the oven shortly before it was time for me to leave for the party.

The party was lots of fun! I look forward to being back when I can visit my friends here more often. M got the mini-Weasley I made... I must admit, I was kind of hoping she would. :) I got a pretty notepad and some soap I was probably allergic to, so I traded M the soap for a reflexology foot massage. Mmmmmm! The bread was a hit too. :)

Thursday H came over (with her son C) and we went to Ram Wools, where she bought me some sock yarn and wool to make her socks and a felted laptop sleeve. (This works for both of us... I get yarn to play with, and she gets finished objects. :) ) M also came and bought me some sock yarn for her. I added to my collection of Susan Bates Quicksilver hooks, and bought some more for a friend. (I'm not saying which are which, so it's still a bit of a surprise for her!) Anyway, here's what I got to bring home, even though I only paid for a small fraction of it:
Yarn

After Ram Wools, H, C and I had a great (although slightly odd) lunch at the Forks: chicken fingers, blueberry pancakes, and banana and chocolate chip pancakes. (We each ordered one thing, and then traded so we got all three.) The banana chocolate chip pancakes were really good. Dessert like, but good!

And of course, what's a day with H without a trip to McNally Robinson. :) McNally Robinson is my favourite bookstore. The children's books are up in a treehouse-like area. :)

Thursday night my mom, B, and I joined family and family friends for dinner. Although I still didn't have my cardigan done for this party, I did have it done by the end! Here it is:
Eyelet Cardi

No gingerbread progress was made on Thursday.

5 comments:

pfirsch said...

I really like how the cardigan turned out. It fits very well.

Bravo!

MrsFife said...

Yay on the cardigan! It looks great!

Nice yarn stashing, too :D

noricum said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The cardi's great and it looks beautiful on you!

Daph said...

Wow, the cardigan looks great on you! I love the color, too. Great work! :)