Thursday, December 22, 2005

Qiviut Scarf

26 + 4 = 30. It's definitely looking like a scarf, and the ball is definitely shrinking. I *would* like to use all of the ball, so that I don't have any waste. Qiviut is too expensive to waste, and what would I do with an itty-bitty ball of qiviut? It can't go on my afghan, because it wouldn't survive the washing machine.

I was hoping to get more than a measly four repeats done, given that I didn't go to work today. I think the grocery shopping, dentist, and nearly 3 hour nap kind of cut in on the knitting time. The blog reading didn't help either. I could have done another two repeats had I not read any blogs.

Of course, messing up at one point and having to rip back didn't help either. Luckily I actually managed to merely rip back about 6 rows, and didn't have to go all the way down to my lifeline. (So I lost less than one full repeat, rather than nearly two.) Perhaps I should place my lifelines more frequently when I'm tired.

I'd really like to finish tomorrow, since Friday is Christmas eve with my dad. But I can knit in the morning and at church (I told him I'd go listen to him sing this year), and then block it Christmas morning. But that is cutting it a bit tight. But then I also have to make one of my dad's presents tomorrow. Sewing some throw-pillow cases, which shouldn't take too long, but is not really something I enjoy. Especially with the sewing machine and supplies cramped in the basement, the iron on the second floor, and the only decent and clear work surface on the first floor. I really should have done the sewing back in Chapel Hill. Bad me. I think I was working on my cardigan instead.

I'm looking forward to getting back to my cardigan. That'll happen after four pillow cases, a qiviut scarf, and at least one mini Weasley. (Mini Weasley due December 28, plus another one or more sometime this trip.)

Time for bed... good night! (Yep, even after a long nap, I'm still ready for bed. I seem to try to store up sleep over the holidays.)

No comments: