Saturday, December 03, 2005

Christmas

I hadn't put up my tree before today... although I really love Christmas, I was having trouble getting into the Christmas mood. I think it's the warm weather and lack of snow.

Well, when K came over today, I pulled out my tree (in case we felt like decorating it), and put on some Christmas carols. K likes Christmas too. :)

Well, we didn't decorate while she was here, so I got around to it after she left. Here's my somewhat sad little tree:
Christmas Tree
Nope, I don't have lights. I forgot to buy some last year (I remembered after the ornaments were up, but by then it was kind of late), and this year I decided against the cost... especially since this will be my last Christmas here. No point in buying lights for a single season. I also don't have any garlands. Of course, with a small tree, I don't have much room. I couldn't even fit all my ornaments on it. (I've been buying them because I love Christmas ornaments, and because I want enough for a full sized tree by the time I can have a full sized tree.)

And, since Jess asked, here are the three ornaments I bought today:
Turtle Ornament Star Ornament Camel Ornament
I was a bit annoyed at the star ornament... it turns out it was stuck together using some sort of sticky substance that got on the back of the ornament, and didn't hold the ornament closed. I fixed that by sewing it closed... which also gummed up my needle. :P But it *is* pretty! (It's a bit hard to tell with the flash, but it is.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the turtle! the star looks really cool too! :)

[I wonder if I can talk Nick into getting a tree this week.]