Monday, December 19, 2005

Knit and Crochet

Three more repeats on S's qiviut scarf. That makes 20! (I'd post another photo, but it looks pretty much the same as yesterday. So scroll down, and imagine a bit more length.)

H's socks are rocketing along. I think I may finish, or get close to finishing them on the bus to school tomorrow. I have a good length on the one that's pulling yarn from the center, so at lunch I rewound the remaining ball to make a center-pull ball. (Both socks are still attached, this just makes it easier to work on the shorter sock.) I used the nostepinne method that M demonstrated at SNB... but my nostepinne was my rolled up sock instructions, rather than her lovely hand-turned, tapered dowel. I still made a nice ball, and that's what counts. ;)

On my way home I stopped downtown to look for buttons and wire. It turns out one fabric store had gone out of business. At the craft store next to where it used to be I bought pipe cleaners... in Christmas colours because they were on sale really cheap. (The wire they had wasn't suitable, and pipe cleaners work fine.)

Then I went across the street to the other fabric store. They had buttons... sort of. They were in bags that were a bit sorted. However, none of the reasonable ones had enough (I need 8), and the few that had enough were nasty. According to that fabric store, the other one down the street didn't sell buttons. Plus my transfer was about to expire. I guess I'll hunt for buttons elsewhere. (I may still try that third store... the craft store had said one of the nearby stores had four racks of buttons, and the second store definitely didn't have that.)

Anyone know of a good button source in Winnipeg? I could wait and go to The Cotton Boll in Chapel Hill, but I'd really like to wear this over Christmas. (I will get it done... I just need to finish the lace scarf first.)

Hmmm... time for bed. Good night!

No comments: